Domestic Power Switch Issues on Squadron 42

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

Domestic Power Switch Issues on Squadron 42

Postby Andreasstyl » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Hello! I have recently purchase a Squadron 42 (2011) and I am facing the following problem:

The Domestic power switch on the dashboard switches OFF and I need to press it again and reset it in order to get domestic power and get the necessary power in order for the charger to be working and have charged batteries. Shore power is fine and stable.

Does anyone facing the same issues?
Andreasstyl

Re: Domestic Power Switch Issues on Squadron 42

Postby Mark Hammond » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:05 am

Hi,
This is a common problem on the SQ42. You need to bypass the relay switch for that button on the dash otherwise it will not reset when shorepower is lost for any reason. This is located under the helm seat in the saloon. You can access the area from removing the backrest to the saloon seating nearest the helm. You will then see a box with the relay in it. Any electrician can easily bypass the relay switch for you. It took about 15 mins for mine to be done.
After this is done the domestic power will restore automatically once shorepower is restored. The only tell tale sign will be that the blue light on the dashboard button will go out to tell you the shorepower was lost at some stage. The button basically becomes redundant other than for this.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Mark
Mark Hammond

Postby Andreasstyl » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:37 am

Hello! thanks for the advice and helpful information
Andreasstyl

Postby huang » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:45 am

Just encountered such a problem, thank you very much for your information.
huang

Postby waggysenior » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:34 am

Hi guys
I have a 2013 42 bought earlier this year and have been facing the same issue. She's now wintering in Italy so this is very topical. Thanks for posting this info, I shall see about getting mine sorted too.
Tony
waggysenior

Return to Fairline Forum