fairline 40 revamp

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

fairline 40 revamp

Postby Borabora » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi All
i have a fairline phantom 40 that we havent used for two years 450 hours lying in ireland, considering sending it to a good boat yard that can freshen her up and sell her for me any advice would be greatly appreciated, as we will not be using the boat anymore, needs some bits and pieces done no damage engines and batteries perfect, just cosmetic interior as we used her for 7 years as a family boat and have looked after her.
year 2005
Gerry
Borabora

Re: fairline 40 revamp

Postby Murv » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:58 am

Unless you do the work yourself, I don't think you'll get the money back that you spend on a freshen-up.
I'd be inclined to give it a good clean and get it listed as is, accepting that it's not going to make as much as a well looked after example.
Could be worth having a chat with some brokers and getting some quotes for the work to give you some numbers to look at, but I think you'd be very lucky to get back 50% of what you spend if you're paying somebody to carry out the work for you.

Good luck!
Murv

Re: fairline 40 revamp

Postby admin » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:46 pm

Without knowing a bit more, I'm inclined to disagree with Murv! If it was my boat, I'd have someone give it a really good valet, and renew the carpets if they are really shot. I'd also get it professionally polished, serviced and anti-fouled, if nothing else to get it through the survey that a potential buyer will put it through.

If you don't do the above you'll just get piss take offers, if any.

Pete
Don't forget to Join our new Facebook Group.
Follow us on Twitter.
For Stainless Steel letters and Fender Socks visit Smart Marine.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Fairline Forum