Raymarine eci-100

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

Raymarine eci-100

Postby 33sport » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi I am in the process of upgrading my nav system and intend to use the raymarine eci-100 module to pick up engine date etc, but i am not sure where to locate and plug the into Volvo EVC. My boat is a phantom 50 with D12s.
Hopefully some one can advise.
33sport

Re: Raymarine eci-100

Postby Andyroonot » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:35 pm

Hi

The ECI-100 would plug into the Multilink circuit, which is the one with the yellow tagged cables underneath the dashboard. This circuit will run from one control unit (HCU) to the other, and have splitter cables off of it supplying items such as the tacho’s.

However...shortly after this device was first released, the VP Dealer network were advised that as this component had not been developed in partnership with Penta, there could be no guarantee of the compatibility with the software installed on the engines & control system, following reports of some issues with it installed.

Volvo do have their own version of this device called the Easy Connect Interface, which not only sends engine data to a compatible chart plotter, but also sends engine data to an app on a compatible smart device such as a phone or tablet. This plugs into the Multilink circuit in the same way as the ECI-100.

Looking online, pricing is not to different between the Raymarine & Volvo options, so worth considering.

Happy to send more info if you would like? If so let me know your e-mail address and I’ll send it over

Andy
Andyroonot

Re: Raymarine eci-100

Postby 33sport » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:43 pm

Hi Andy
Thanks for the info. My engines are use the old EDC 1 system over the J1708 I have spoken with Raymarine Tech help and there ECi-100 does not support this and they don’t have an answer.
I have been in contact with Yacht Devices and they have a system that supports the J1708, but does not give fuel tank levels.
Regards
Stuart
33sport

Return to Fairline Forum