Targa 47 grey water system

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

Targa 47 grey water system

Postby Gterzolo@me.com » Mon May 21, 2018 11:43 am

Ciao all,
I need help about the grey water system installed on my Targa 47. When I use showers and sinks, the water goes to the black water tank. I think that the grey water should go directly to the sea. Since I don’t have the opportynity to ask the previous owner whether he modified the system, could someone explain me what the default operation should be?
Thank you
Gterzolo@me.com

Boat: targa 47

Re: Targa 47 grey water system

Postby Kanajobe » Wed May 30, 2018 7:09 pm

Hi
On our targa 47 's both showers and sinks go straight out, I believe not even conected to the black waste tank? If it were then I would have thought there would be smells coming up for the sink waste as this is not trapped.
It would be a strange alteration it yours has been as I can't think of any reason why someone would do it?
Good luck anyway,
Nathan
Kanajobe

Postby Gterzolo@me.com » Wed May 30, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi Nathan,
maybe the previous owner made the modify because he sailed in Cote d”azur where trowing the grey water to the sea could be forbidden.
thank you for your help.
gigi
Gterzolo@me.com

Boat: targa 47

Postby FLN » Thu May 31, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi Gigi,
Standard the blackwaste tanks on the Targa 47 are only connected to the toilets that means on the blackwatertanks are five hoses connected.
one for each toilet, one for exhausting the tank by pump underwater, one for exhausting in the marina by vacuum and one as a ventilation hose to deck. In the hoses from each toilet is also a threeway valve installed to give you the choice to empty the toilet into the tank or empty it overboard under waterline.
The graywater system is connected to several sinks under the floor equiped with a pump and a floatingswitch. The pumps are pumping the graywater overboard just above the waterline thru hoses situated in the stern of the Targa 47.
At the Targa 47 all the sinks on board and all the showers are connected to this system.
Even if you have aircon on board there are several sinks to collect the leaking water from the aircon units and pump it automatic overboard.
Send me PB and I will provide you with the original drawing from the factory with the blackwatersystem on it.

FLN
FLN

Postby Gterzolo@me.com » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi FLN,
Thank you very much for your help.
Here attached the boat data.
My personal mail address is gterzolo@me.com
Thank you
Gigi
Attachments
4EC1B85F-33DB-46E5-99A0-CDEA1FEEEBCE.jpeg