What is this floor hatch trim called?

Forum for those owners restoring a Fairline.
  • Advertisement

What is this floor hatch trim called?

Postby Houdini » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:02 am

(See link for pictures hosted on my google account)

Please can anyone help me to identify the metal trim on this shower bildge hatch from my Fairline Sedan 32?

It is some kind of 90 degree ~2-3” radius corner T transition, but those search terms do not find these corner pieces anywhere. What are they called and where can I get them? They appear to be steel or heavy aluminium.


Many thanks
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:17 am

Re: What is this floor hatch trim called?

Postby rjb021080 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:16 pm

when you find out let everyone know as i have spent hours trying to find this to no avail !!
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: What is this floor hatch trim called?

Postby geotechnic » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:13 pm

I had the same problem when I wanted to add an additional hatch. I purchased a straight section of aluminium "T" shaped trim and carefully bent it into the radius using a suitably shaped piece of 18mm ply and a hammer, if you do it gradually it will form without splitting, can't remember which website but this was the kind of thing, http://www.eltherington.co.uk/miscellaneous.html AA57

Hope this helps
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:42 pm
Boat: Fairline Corniche

Return to Project Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

  • Advertisement