Squadron 55 information

OEM / other parts and service suppliers.
  • Advertisement

Squadron 55 information

Postby SteveC » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:10 pm

I have started this thread as from what I can see there is no information on this forum relating to my boat of much use. I would be happy to share any information with owners of this great boat as I am current doing some improvements to my 2001 boat which may be of use to others. Current projects are;

-Replace all electronics for Raymarine E series multi-function displays with new radar transceiver
-New VHF radio with AIS integrated with Raymarine E displays
-Re-upholster interior wall fabrics and the saggy ceiling syndrome which seems to be a problem with this vintage
-Replace bathing platform extrusion
-Possible vinyl wrap of hull but is it too expensive?
-New anchor chain or re-galvanise?
-Replace all lighting with LED to reduce current consumption by 80%
-Fit inverter to provide extended battery life at anchor

If anyone wants to share information on best suppliers for these bits please add to this thread
Last edited by SteveC on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveC

Boat: Squadron 55

Re: Squadron 55 information

Postby admin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Steve,

Would love to see some pics as you go. There's a thread here of the original OEM suppliers if you need some contacts.

Regards, Pete
admin
Site Admin

Postby SteveC » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Pete,

Yes saw that - very useful.

Is there a knowledge base of documents anywhere which gives information other than the fairly useless manuals which come with the boat?

Information which would be useful at the moment is;

1. Cable routes for navigation cables from radar arch to nav equipment
2. Sizes of electrical fittings or part numbers
3. How to gain access to ceiling panels
4. Specifications for anchor and chain, recommended mooring line spec
5. set of parts for engine maintenance
6. Recommended spare holding

Steve
SteveC

Postby froggett » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi I have 55 no 88 called froggett and can help with most things as I have replaced most bits and give u suppliers of things they say at factory they don't have. Eg brass catches. Carpet Where do u keep your 55. David
froggett

Postby SteveC » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:15 pm

froggett wrote:Hi I have 55 no 88 called froggett and can help with most things as I have replaced most bits and give u suppliers of things they say at factory they don't have. Eg brass catches. Carpet Where do u keep your 55. David

Thanks David. Mine is in Plymouth. PM me if you wish. I have most things sorted at the moment or replacements biggest issue is access to information. Now these boats are getting older there is bound to be more of us wanting to upgrade and refresh as the basic boat should go on forever.
SteveC

Postby eloyex » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:08 am

nice model .....!!!!!I
you should post some pictures ....
:D

I just bought a phantom 50 2003 that need some detailing.
we have got a lot of info on these pages too ..!!
will post some pictures ....

eloy
Miami, florida, USA
More .... more ocean ....
eloyex

Boat: phantom 50

Postby Mwoof » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:51 am

We have a Squadron 58, also suffering from a saggy headlining in the master cabin. We think she night have suffered a bit of internal damp last year. She is based in Croatia currently. I know the panels are Velcro'd into place so easy to remove, can anyone recommend an appropriate brand do spray upholstery glue to reattach the fabric to the panel? Thanks.
Mwoof

Postby SteveC » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:43 pm

Crikey some replies......

Just had my headlings replaced in the main saloon as the foam degrades and comes un stuck. If you pull the material out it looks a bit of a mess as the rest of the material basically starts to fall apart. You need to remove it and replace to make it look half decent. I got it done by a local guy who' is ex Fairline and he's made an absolute cracking job of it but it did cost a bit as you basically have to take down all the ceiling panels to do a proper job.

I have some pictures of what it looks like underneath and it isn't that pretty but then again I suppose it does have to be. All the ceiling panels slot together and are held up by captive screws. The wooden strip hide the joint which act as a tongue and groove type of connection between them. The end panels are held up with very strong Velcro. It all has to be taken down in the right sequence which I think is from starboard working across.

When its down it is a good time to check for leaks and also re-upholster the wall panels. The bad news is that the ceiling fabric used by Fairline on boats around 2000-2005 has now all been used up so you have to use another. My upholster found one which is very close and in fact looks nice as it is a slight contrast. The wall panels have been done now in a slightly different darker shade and looks fantastic - well worth the money.

I've also replaced all my electronics now for the E series Raymarine which are so much better but requires some work tracing the wiring and not for the faint hearted. The panels under the displays have to be replaced as they are very untidy when the old stuff is removed.

I am having some carbon fibre panels made to replace the rather sad and faded mock walnut affairs and make the whole instrument cluster look more modern. If anyone is interested let me know as it requires a mould to be made and templates.
SteveC

Postby Pedal » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:39 pm

Hi, I need new helm seats to flybridge on my Squadron 55 year 2004. If someone now where I can buy them I will greatfull to get infomation about it /Peter
Pedal

Boat: Fairline Squadron 55

Postby pierrot » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:07 pm

Bonjour , comment peut ont mettre en service le 12 v sur la partie du tableau en bas a gauche ( nouveaux propriétaire ) et comment peut on demonté les panneaux du haut des coté du salon pour refaire le vaigrage , une adresse pour les joints de pare brise avant , me serai utile , j'ai le teck en mauvaise état une adresse ci c'est possible aussi , merci pour votre aide , Cordialement , Pierrot
pierrot

Postby SteveC » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:19 pm

Pedal wrote:Hi, I need new helm seats to flybridge on my Squadron 55 year 2004. If someone now where I can buy them I will greatfull to get infomation about it /Peter

Pedal,

Not looked into this but a good idea. It would be great to have a seat which you can adjust to see over the screen without having to perch on the edge of the front cushion.

I think Recaro produce some nice seats.
SteveC

Postby SteveC » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:24 pm

pierrot wrote:Bonjour , comment peut ont mettre en service le 12 v sur la partie du tableau en bas a gauche ( nouveaux propriétaire ) et comment peut on demonté les panneaux du haut des coté du salon pour refaire le vaigrage , une adresse pour les joints de pare brise avant , me serai utile , j'ai le teck en mauvaise état une adresse ci c'est possible aussi , merci pour votre aide , Cordialement , Pierrot

Don't quite understand all this but here goes;

The 12v supply is provided by an invertor under the cabinets behind the TV.

I got a price for the front windscreen seals from the company who supplies them, only about £200. Will look back in my records and find the contact details.

Teak deck. Try cleaning and if that doesn't work you will have to rub them down with sandpaper or just get it replaced.
SteveC

Postby SteveC » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:12 am

The company who can provide a set of seals for the front windscreen is Trend Marine www.trendmarine.com. A complete set of gaskets for the Squadron 55 is £170.
SteveC

Postby Coastalrides » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:42 pm

hi
there are many good marine suppliers , many who supply the boat builders direct, some available to the boat
owners, companies like ours Coastalrides , in Dover have a section on our website dedicated to Fairline boa parts, We have a Farline Phantom 46 nearly finished, not sure how to add pics to this site yet,
We also have a project Fairline Targa 43,
companies like us supply boat dealers, brokers, insurers and very often boat owners,
we buy lorry loads of genuine boat builder surplus stock , end of line stock and change of spec parts.
In addition we have accounts with companies like Osculati , one of the biggest suppliers of boat fit out parts,
we can offer good discounts off there retail price and order every couple of weeks,
items nearly everything on our website is in stock and available for 48hour delivery.
hope this helps
regards Paul , Coastalrides , Dover.
Coastalrides

Postby Coastalrides » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:44 pm

SEE PICS NOW FOR PHANTOM AND TARGA
THANKS PAUL
COASTALRIDES , DOVER
Attachments
IMG_0145.JPG
Fairline Phantom 46, 2005, twin volvo D6 435 , 2014
Coastalrides