Squadron 55 information

OEM / other parts and service suppliers.
  • Advertisement

Replacing saggy ceiling fabric

Postby Kiwi2 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:58 am

We have a Squadron 65 with saggy ceilings. I read the info on how to remove ceiling panels on the 55 and wondered if this applies to the 65 as well. We would also like more information on how to remove the ceiling panels, I.e where to start as our panels run across the boat not long wise. We also need to replace the instrument panel on the flybridge helm...suppliers?
Kiwi2

Boat: Squadron 65

Re: Squadron 55 information

Postby admin » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:00 am

Hi I can't help much regarding the ceiling panels other than to suggest you give them a pull to see if they come away.

Regarding your dash, Axon Components can make new ones and the cost is usually surprisingly good. Also worth trying this guy http://platinummarinesales.co.uk (please mention Fairline Owner's Club).

Pete
Follow us on Twitter.
For Stainless Steel letters and Fender Socks visit Smart Marine.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Kiwi2 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:06 am

Thanks Pete, yes I think thats what we are going to try.
Kiwi2

Boat: Squadron 65

Postby Celtic » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:10 pm

I have a 2002 Squadron 55 and would like to upgrade my chart plotter it would appear that you have this as part of your project, How do you propose to fit a 12 Raymarine plotter on the flybridge.
Celtic

Postby SteveC » Mon May 16, 2016 10:36 am

Celtic,

Well simple answer to that....you can't, not enough space.

I fitted a E7 which works Ok but is frankly too small. I'm considering doing a complete new moulding to replace the whole lot with just two chartplotters and modernise the whole thing but would probably like a few others to show an interest to spread the cost of developing one. Anyone interested, let me know.

My colleague has done a few dashboards for Targa 50 and 47 boats which looked great using a silver carbon weave.
SteveC

Boat: Squadron 55

Previous

Return to Part Suppliers and Services