Infill Cushion for Targa 34 aft cabin

Please read.
  • Advertisement

Infill Cushion for Targa 34 aft cabin

Postby s11aun1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:13 am

Hello!,

My wife and I are the new owners (custodians) of a 2003 Targa 34, which we have down in Chichester, she is our first Fairline and we love it.

I apologise in advance if this has come up before. Fairline have apparently ceased production of the aft cabin infill cushion, and I've exhausted all known routes to try and find one. I'm thinking of making something, but wanted to first ask if anyone can share any wisdom on where I might find one/have one made?

Any advise would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance
Shaun
s11aun1

Boat: Targa 34

Re: Infill Cushion for Targa 34 aft cabin

Postby admin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:19 pm

Hi Shaun, welcome to the forum and it's nice to see a fellow T34 owner.

I have a 2002 T34 and as far as I know, there was no option to have an infill for the aft cabin. When we bought our boat, somebody had improvised a wooden panel out of ply to bridge the gap (it's in my garage if you want me to measure it) and you could speak to Tockfield or someone like that to make you a cushion infill to go on top of it.
Don't forget to Join our new Facebook Group.
Follow us on Twitter.
For Stainless Steel letters and Fender Socks visit Smart Marine.
admin
Site Admin

Postby s11aun1 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:55 am

Hi,

Many thanks for coming back to me. I was starting to think about making my own base, possibly hinged to one of the existing bed bases so I can tuck it out of the way if needed.

If you could measure the panel in your garage, that would be very useful.

I was going to have a slim mattress made to fill the gap, but the base comes first!

Where do you keep your Targa? How long have you had it, and are you happy with her too?

Many thanks again
Shaun
s11aun1

Postby admin » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi Shaun, I've measured the panel and emailed you some pics. We keep our T34 in Sant Carles in Spain and am very pleased with it. We've only owned it since last June so this will be our first full Summer.

Pete
Don't forget to Join our new Facebook Group.
Follow us on Twitter.
For Stainless Steel letters and Fender Socks visit Smart Marine.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Dorset Dan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:00 pm

Mine (a 2004 Targa 34) has the original infill cushion - I'll take some pics and measurements next time I'm down there and post up here.

I can't quite remember how it is actually supported but I'll take a look to confirm. My wife seems to think that the infill cushion just rested on about an inch of each edge of the bed (the ply panels that you can lift up which the main mattresses rest upon) and is wedged in there between the mattresses tightly.
Dorset Dan

Postby s11aun1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:20 am

Hi,

Thanks for your response Dan. I did think Fairline produced an infill, but know they've ceased production. A measurement of the infill cushion would be really appreciated.

How it fits would also be useful to understand.

Many thanks,

Shaun
s11aun1

Return to Say Hello!