Please read.
  • Advertisement

Postby TurboRoss » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Good day

Back into the boating world after several years working all the hours , old Boat was a 1980 phantom , and tomorrow I’m collecting a very nice Turbo 38 , slightly neglected but ready to bring her up to a very nice standard...

By the way what’s the difference between a 36 and 38 , I’m assuming just length ?

I’ll take some pictures on my way at sea

Cheers. Ross
TurboRoss

Re: New member

Postby TurboRoss » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:56 pm

sadly i didn't get any replies ...

is there anyone out there ?? :D :D :D

:roll:
TurboRoss

Postby crowther » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:27 am

Hi Turbo Ross.

I'm in a similar situation, i sold my targa 48 11 years ago bought a holiday home and a rib!!

I've just purchased a Targa 34 which is currently in York but will be in Portsmouth at the end of January, like your Turbo she's a liitle tired and needs a fir bit of TLC!!!

I would be interested to hear who you use for the various works your planning, and where you manage to get the Fairline spares from.

I hope you have a good trip. :D

Kind Regards

Mark
crowther

Postby TurboRoss » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:36 am

Hi Mark

I’ll keep you posted as I’ve made loads of enquiries for parts

Regards

Ross
TurboRoss

Postby Murv » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:19 pm

Sorry Ross, missed this,

There is no difference in length, it's exactly the same boat, just renamed to bring it slightly more in to line with its true length.
36' is waterline length, 38' is waterline plus swim platform. Length overall is 42.5'

I believe there are very few boats actually badged as 38's, maybe only 16 boats from memory? either way, they're rare, so congratulations!

I also thought that the 38 had the slightly more powerful engine, TAMD61B's or 62's, whichever version gave slightly more power, maybe 330 or 350 from memory rather than the 306hp from the TAMD61a?
Or, it could have been an option, I can't remember!
I do have some PDF's of old magazine articles that go into the history sent to me by a previous owner and some that I've collected myself. If of interest, let me know an email address and I'll forward you copies.

Chris
Murv

Postby TurboRoss » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:23 am

Hi Chris

Yes please it’s rosslebail@gmail.com

Appreciate it

Ross
TurboRoss

Return to Say Hello!