Hello

Please read.
  • Advertisement

Hello

Postby DaveJRH » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi all,
After owning a Narrow Boat for 12 years I have bought a Sprint. Before that I was a crew member of a lifeboat in Mevagissey Cornwall and a keen dinghy sailor.
I am very impressed with the Sprint, it is a 1990 model with just over 1,000 hours on the clock. It has a VolvoPenta 205 engine with a duo prop out drive.
Going to replace the engine thermostat, running too cool and trace an electrical fault which causes one of the main 15amp fuses (R/H on the dashboard) to blow when the gauge/meter test button is pulled up. (Ideas or answers gratefully received) Possibly a poor connection on the gauge/meter ?
Cheers
Dave
DaveJRH

Re: Hello

Postby DaveJRH » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Discovered the electrical fault.
The switch is actually a light switch for the instruments and was causing the needles to deflect because of a faulty bit of wiring and a bad earth. All working perfectly now.
Dream Wanderer is coming out of the water in November for "winterisation" anti fouling and out drive plus engine servicing
DaveJRH

Re: Hello

Postby DaveJRH » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:50 am

Hi,
Lifted the boat out of the water last week to winterize it.
Removed the Duo Props and sent the large one to be repaired, the small one is ok, just needs cleaning up.
Couldn't locate a drain valve for either the calorifier, or the immersion domestic hot water tanks , so I have a small electric bar heater in the engine bay to prevent both from freezing.
Not much to do now until next Spring when I shall polish and antifoul the hull, plus engine and out drive service
Cheers Dave
DaveJRH

Return to Say Hello!