Squadron 42 Transport

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

Squadron 42 Transport

Postby waggysenior » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:19 am

Hi Everyone
I'm new to the Forum, and recently bought a beautiful Squadron 42 (2013). We're having her shipped over to Italy to new cruising grounds, around Elba. Loaded her yesterday onto SevenStars Yacht Express. Impressive technology; you drive in and they then pump out the water from their deck and secure your boat on a cradle; so no crane required.
Anyway, I was advised to run the engines up (Volvo Penta D6s) when clear of the water and in the cradle, to empty the exhaust manifolds. Then I had to drain the silencers.
Can anyone please tell me what the start up procedure should be, when we offload her next week? I'm guessing that provided she's afloat, a normal start up will get the water back into these systems, but I'm a bit of a 'mechanical duffer', so not sure.
Thanks
waggysenior

Re: Squadron 42 Transport

Postby FLN » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:14 am

Hi Waggysenior,

Just start your engines one by one and check if there is water coming out of the exhausts.
If not stop the engine, close the valve on that one and fill up the filterunit with water to prevent that the impellor in the pump is getting hot and burned. D6 engines don't like overheating.posting.php?mode=reply&f=2&t=4006#

Good luck,

Dick
FLN

Re: Squadron 42 Transport

Postby waggysenior » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:08 am

Thanks for your response Dick. She started up no problem anyway, so all is well.
waggysenior

Return to Fairline Forum