VP alarm instrument-no alarm- no start sound D6 350 AB

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

VP alarm instrument-no alarm- no start sound D6 350 AB

Postby Ronaldo69 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:31 pm

Hello guys( girls :wink: ) i am new here on this forum .
And here’s my first issue with my targa 40

Who can help me ... i have an Fairline Targa 40 -2007 with 2 VP D6 350 engines.
A few weeks ago I had on open sea probably some plastic in my intake SB engine.
The engine overheating control system didn’t react with any alarm sound of overheating or whatever !
Lucky I saw the problem because the cooling fluid bursted out on the engine and the temperature instrument felt down to zero, and because the liquids came on the engine there was an massive vapor curtain from the engine room.
Immediately I shutted down the engine, and after filling it up with water of the fresh water tank I could safely return to the port .
Now (after the incident ) I have the problem that my VP alarm instruments are not working properly ... the Volvo Penta dealer didn’t found any problem ( even no registration of the incident !!!) ( the vp alarm instrument is lighting up for 10%) but it checks all the controls of oil pressure and so far..
The peep sound check by starting the engines is no longer working, and i even don’t know if my alarm system is working now...
Everything seems ok ,Engines are running smooth , but when I am on the sea I can’t effort me to look not to the temperature gauges because I don’t know if the system works
Does anyone recognize this problem ? And can somebody tell witch part gives the control check peep starting the engines AND from witch part the alarm sound comes ??
I already changed the evc alarm peep part number VP 3817974, because I thought this was broken ..
But this part was for the evc neutral setting.
Even an official VP dealer didn’t found the problem ..
So any suggestions.... ?

Hope somebody can help me :idea: 8)
Ronald
Ronaldo69

Re: VP alarm instrument-no alarm- no start sound D6 350 AB

Postby targacurt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:41 pm

Hi Ronaldo69,
Is it possible to install a software update?
Kurt
targacurt

Boat: Targa 38

Postby Ronaldo69 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:44 am

Hello,

Last week we did a Control check by disconnecting the oil pressure unit ,
Started up the engines .. and even then the system gave no alarm .
So I am worrying that there is an big problem coming up to me .
I will ask the mechanics here in the harbor to do an update of the cpu ( I think you mend that ? )
I saw on you tube a guy who did an reset of the evc . By pushing some combinations on the evc
I am sure it is like you are saying a software problem.. because everything is working like new !
Due to that , what happened on sea , something happened with the software . But god knows
What ??
I will do it first like you are mentioned

Thx ,
I keep you informed

Ronald
Ronaldo69

Postby Andyroonot » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:44 pm

Do you have the serial numbers? There could be software updates available but it doesn’t explain why it has suddenly stopped working.

I’ve not heard of this before, but if you can send me the serial numbers I’ll look up the EVC generation and see if I can find any relevant bulletins that might help point you in the right direction.

I think I’m right in saying that with external buzzers plugged in (which is the p/n 3817974 that you’ve changed), the buzzer that is built into the back of the tachometer doesn’t bleep. I’ll see if I can confirm that though I’m not certain.
Andyroonot

Return to Fairline Forum