Squadron 55 Propellers

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

Squadron 55 Propellers

Postby JCB » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:17 am

HI Guys
I am new to the forum after just acquiring a Squadron 55 (2000) with TAMD122p
I am in the process of working my way through the boat upgrading various items like light fittings door knobs etc
However I have been informed that the props that are fitted at the moment are totally incorrect for the boat, is there any forum member out there that can assist me with sourcing the correct props? I understand factory fit might be 27in x 29.5in but when I run calculations with prop makers I am getting conflicting information. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
JCB

Re: Squadron 55 Propellers

Postby admin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi,

I must say that I'm always troubled when people fit props different to the standard ones. It's normally due to an unresolved issue elsewhere. The original builders certificate should detail the props that were fitted to the boat. Alternatively if you contact kelly@bateswharf.co.uk she should be able to ask the factory for you.

Incidentally, if you are replacing your light fittings I'd be willing to but a few of the old ones from you as spares. Please let me know if this would be possible.

Regards, Pete
Don't forget to Join our new Facebook Group.
Follow us on Twitter.
For Stainless Steel letters and Fender Socks visit Smart Marine.
admin
Site Admin

Postby FLN » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:57 am

Hi JCB,
The standard props for S55 where with the TAMD 122 27x30x4 blade hyperform.
If you contact Clements Marine they will give you certainly advise in this
Clements Marine was at that time the supplier of props for Fairline.
Ask for Mr. Michael Major +44 1234 378814
www.clementsmarine.co.uk
Give up the HIN number and build number of your S55 and the Volvo Type and power and gear ratio.
They also can supply the bearings for the shafts ( in case you get out of the water )
Regards,

Dick
FLN

Postby JCB » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:16 am

Thanks for your replies, My builders certificate now I have located it states 27 x 29.5 x 4 and the props are made by teignbridge propellers. They were the original supplier for my year. My conclusion is to speak to everyone as I am still getting conflicting information and run the calcs with more than one company.
JCB

Return to Fairline Forum