Corniche 31 - Possibly buying and looking for some advice

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

Corniche 31 - Possibly buying and looking for some advice

Postby bowler » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi all,

I have agreed in principle to buy an 89 Corniche 31. The boat is in immaculate condition that has the TAM41As on shafts with around 1500hrs. I believe the boat is a good deal.

I am planning to water test it tomorrow and have a good look around the engines and boxes (MS4A I believe). I know they are a potential weak point.

Any tips on what to look for and what to expect regarding performance or any other specific red flags?

Apparently there is loads of paperwork with her and the fuel tanks have been replaced with SS. I plan to get a survey done after she is lifted out assuming all goes well tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,

Darren.
bowler

Re: Corniche 31 - Possibly buying and looking for some advic

Postby admin » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Good luck Darren, hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Pete
Don't forget to Join our new Facebook Group.
Follow us on Twitter.
For Stainless Steel letters and Fender Socks visit Smart Marine.
admin
Site Admin

Postby bowler » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:00 pm

Well,

Just had the water test. A bit hairy getting out of the marina but was pleased with how maneuverable she was considering the wind. Cruised in around 3000rpm and WOT at around 3500 with full tanks. Went in and out of gear smoothly and initial smoking cleared up when up to temp. Loads of receipts going back to 1994 including the original bill of sale plus all bills of sale since. According to the receipts she has spend many off seasons on the hard and has had plenty of money and TLC spent on her over the years. He even has the original Fairline cutlery.

I have given a deposit and plan to get her out ASAP.

D.
bowler

Postby rjb021080 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi. COngratulations and welcome to the fairline corniche club. I have just completed a full refit on mine top to bottom including modernising gauges switches panels etc and know the boats a fair bit. Any questions send me a message. Ross.
rjb021080

Postby bowler » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:21 pm

Thanks Ross.

Second survey tomorrow. Engine survey was very positive so fingers crossed. I am sure I will be in touch if it goes ahead.

Darren.
bowler

Return to Fairline Forum