Phantom 43 Water Heater

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

Phantom 43 Water Heater

Postby Richard.C » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:18 pm

Got down to the boat today after a few weeks and found the thermostat plug for the tube heater in the lazarette had failed and there was a lot of green fluid around. I assume antifreeze and that I have something broken in the water heater.

The details that came with the boat say it is a Seaward heater but the manual covers different sizes from an F/S650 up to an F/S1250. I can't see any markings on the unit, probably on the side with the connections which is against a bulkhead and extremely difficult to get at. Thanks Fairline!

So does anyone know which model Seaward was fitted to 2003 Phantom 43's?
Richard.C

Boat: Phantom 43

Re: Phantom 43 Water Heater

Postby dickythe diver » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi Richard.C, I have just had a very similar problem with my Phantom 43. Mine was leaking fresh water, so I completely removed it from the boat and found that the tank was leaking. The part is F-1150. I have tried to replace it like for like and discovered that Seaward were represented by Xlem warter solutions better known as Jabsco. But as of last November they stopped dealing with them in the UK and had no stock left. I then searched the U.K. and found none available. I refuse to pay £150 to have one shipped from the U.S. I have now replaced mine with a Surejust 35 litre. It just fits in under the rope locker and a bit of re plumbing is now working a treat. It comes with all the fittings ready assembled unlike some that don't have any. Let me know if you need any more info or help with the installation. Richard R
dickythe diver

Re: Phantom 43 Water Heater

Postby Richard.C » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:51 pm

Hey Richard, great name by the way.

It seems I may have just had some loose and leaky connections, fingers crossed it stays that way. In the meantime I had been investigating what the heater was and couldn't understand Fairline's wisdom when I discovered there is an opposite hand unit from the same manufacturer that would keep the coolant on the same side but place all fresh water on the opposite side. Heaven forbid actually having the fresh water connections and drain on a side you could access!!!!!!!

Glad you got sorted, I will keep that in mind should my luck run out with mine.

Richard
Richard.C

Boat: Phantom 43

Return to Fairline Forum