Corniche 31 Holding tank location and costs

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

Corniche 31 Holding tank location and costs

Postby Howard Matthews » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi
I have a 1990 Corniche with the convertible dinette layout with heads opposite. I am contemplating installing a holding tank. Does anyone have experience of this in terms of where to locate and associated costs? I am thinking that the lazarette might be a suitable place to install it.
Any info most welcome, thanks.
Howard
Howard Matthews

Re: Corniche 31 Holding tank location and costs

Postby Targa37! » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi Howard. I had a Corniche with that layout peviously but can't remember the layout well enough to give you specific locations for the tank etc. I am currently in the middle of the same project on my Targa 37. My advice would be that before you do anything plan where all the pipe runs, hull fittings etc will go. Access seems to be the biggest problem for me, in terms of not having to take too much apart to complete the project. I am using a company called Tek Tanks in Alton to supply everthing I need and they are really helpful if you need any advice. They have everything you will need to complete the job. Whilst making the changes I am going to replace the standard loo with a silent fresh water electric flush type. I am estimating the total parts costs to be around £1,500 to £1,750 (including the new loo). Good luck. Jonathan
Just been looking on Tek Tanks site for more parts and noticed they list a specific tank for Corniche to be fitted in Saloon bilge? Guess it may depend what engine layout you have - shaft or outdrives.
Targa37!

Re: Corniche 31 Holding tank location and costs

Postby Howard Matthews » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi Targa37
Thank you so much for your advice and ideas which are very helpful.
I am aware of Tek Tanks so a conversation with them would seem a useful starting point.
Really appreciate you coming back to me, thanks again.
Howard
Howard Matthews

Return to Fairline Forum