TV removal Targa 38

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

TV removal Targa 38

Postby PeteB » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi. Has anybody removed a TV from the saloon on a T38? It is fixed to the wall somehow, but having tried to remove the surrounding panels and feeling behind the TV there is no obvious way to remove it. If someone knows I, or at least my kids, would be very grateful as they currently can't watch DVDs and for a 6 and 8 year old, that is pretty much the end of the world!
PeteB

Re: TV removal Targa 38

Postby targacurt » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:29 am

Hi,
Can you tell me the year of manufacture of your T38?
Kind regards
Kurt
targacurt

Boat: Targa 38

Postby targacurt » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:00 am

Hi Pete,
I have a 2012 Targa and I have replaced the TV already. I installed a Alphatronic TV and the screen quality is much better than of the Lava TV. I removed first the satin blind (above the TV, 4 screws), and than a wooden frame behind. From the backside of the wooden frame you can loose the screws fixing the TV. Hope that helps...
Best Regards Kurt
targacurt

Boat: Targa 38

Postby PeteB » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Kurt, great thanks. She's a 2011, so hopefully similar to yours. I've had a go at removing the satin blind above the tv but when removing the allenscrew fixing bolts I couldn't get the panel off so didn't want to force it. I'll have another go when I'm next on her in a couple of weeks.
PeteB

Postby PeteB » Tue May 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Curt, and anyone facing the same dilemma. That's exactly how it comes off. Perfect, thank you. Now to get a new TV and boys will be happy next week on holiday. First world problems!!
PeteB

Postby Futcher » Tue May 30, 2017 5:28 am

PeteB wrote:Curt, and anyone facing the same dilemma. That's exactly how https://www.tenderbuttons.com/gynectrol-review-results comes Gynectrol. Perfect, thank you. Now to get a new TV and boys will be happy next week on holiday. First world problems!!

Are you enjoying the new tv? The one in my boat is way too old so I need a new one too.
Last edited by Futcher on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Futcher

Postby PeteB » Tue May 30, 2017 7:07 am

Yes. Bought an Avtex and can now watch HD channels. Only minor issue is the whole reason I needed to change was because the DVD player packed up on the old Lava. However the Avtex is much slimmer, so at the moment getting to the DVD slot is not the easiest due to the fabric panel on the boat so need to make a small bracket and all will be fine.
PeteB

Postby NyellBarnet » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:38 am

PeteB wrote:Curt, and anyone facing the same dilemma. That's exactly how it comes off. Perfect, thank you. Now to get a new TV and boys will be happy next week on holiday. First world problems!!

Hi Are you enjoying the new tv
The one in my boat is way too old so I need a new one too.
NyellBarnet

Return to Fairline Forum