Search err Mirage Manual

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

Search err Mirage Manual

Postby Retrolamp » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Hi,

I give up using the search engine on this site, I picked up the keys to a Mirage 29 today. Very excited but need to get stuck in to tidy her up. I would love to get a copy of the original manual but the forum search just doesn't want to help me.
Also where can I get parts I looking to get a new vent as the one I have is damaged and is leaking. I know I can put a non standard one in but is there anywhere I can go for original parts ?

Any help much appreciated.

Phil
Retrolamp

Re: Search err Mirage Manual

Postby admin » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:49 am

Hi,

Sorry about the search facility, unfortunately I didn't write the software!

Regarding vents, and all other parts, there are a number of sources:

1) The official route - Bates Wharf (http://www.bateswharfparts.co.uk/produc ... /fairline/)
2) The Fairline Factory Direct
3) Direct from the part suppliers - I've documented all that I know of here viewforum.php?f=21
4) From Heather at http://www.hcsmarineparts.com (she used to work for Fairline so often knows where to source parts).

The first two of these will usually carry more recent parts. For your vent I'd try Heather and let me know how you get on.

Regarding manuals, I'm visiting the factory this week and will be discussing legacy manual with them.

Pete
Follow us on Twitter.
For Stainless Steel letters and Fender Socks visit Smart Marine.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Retrolamp » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Thank you, feel a little guilty now about slating the search engine :) Sorry,

Contacted her waiting for a reply, appreciate it if you would let me know about those manuals spent most of the afternoon pulling and pressing random buttons :)

Phil
Retrolamp

Postby admin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:36 pm

Retrolamp wrote:Thank you, feel a little guilty now about slating the search engine :) Sorry,

Apology accepted! Might take a couple of weeks regarding manuals but I'll let you know if I get somewhere.
Follow us on Twitter.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ms » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:59 pm

I think locating the original vents will be a hell of a challenge, and I would be much interested if you find a source.

I gave up trying to find an original manual. I started writing down as I learnt things and ended up creating my own manual over 13 years of ownership. It seems to be the curse of any 30 year old boat that successive owners have bu$$ered around with things often in the most inappropriate manner...
My Mirage is 1981 and is the actual craft used by Fairline on their Mark 2 Mirage brochure. It' s now re-engined from its original 2 x 145 petrols to 2 x 145 diesel. I use the original 15x17 props on original VP280 legs for the Thames (non tidal) and a pair of 16x21 for salt water and faster cruising. regards. martin
martin
ms

Boat: Fairline Mirage

Postby admin » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:33 pm

Just to let you know, I have asked Fairline for as many of the original manuals as they can supply. Once I get them, I'll make them available to all.
Follow us on Twitter.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Fairline Forum