Power Trim no response under load

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

Power Trim no response under load

Postby Ezeedozit » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi all, further to earlier forum note, a new trim pump has been fitted and functioned briliantly (quick up and down and readout excellent) however, when trying out on a run, the leg will not trim so I cannot get to 'plane' properly. Trim reading gets as far as 4 or 6 but no further (although I can hear the relays clicking) - everything has now been renewed and I just don't know what else to do. Any help appreciated
Ezeedozit

Boat: Fairline 21 Weekender

Postby Bob Peters » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:41 am

Hi,

Not sure where you are with fixing his so if I'm "teaching grandma to suck eggs"....forgive me.

The range of trim available for normal running is somewhere in the region of -5 to +6, with -5 refering to the leg "tucked in" toward the transom. (the position that gets my boat on the plane most easily, as you speed up the leg can be trimmed "out" to adjust the angle of the hull and the contact point with the water.

Beyond +6 can only be achieved by pressing the overide button between the arrows on the trim panel (at the same time as the up button) but I believe this may lead to damage to the UJ's at anything over tickover, hence the protection from going there accidently.

if the boat won't plane between -5 & +6 can I suggest a Volvo trained engineer?

Regards

Bob
Bob Peters

Boat: Fairline Targa 39

Postby ms » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Would certainly expect you to need negative trim to get up on the plane. If you have too much positive then you are just holding the nose up and will never get to plane. So negative to start and then adjust as you get going according to the attitude that gives you the best ride.
martin
ms

Boat: Fairline Mirage

Return to Fairline Forum