jetski in targa 48 garage

The place for Fairline discussions!
casalj

jetski in targa 48 garage

Post by casalj » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:08 am

trying to determine how to retrofit a targa 48 to fit a jetski or heavier RIB. any ideas. thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:51 pm

HI,

I've got some old notes relating to T48 garages....
Reply one.....

"There are 2 types of garage on the T48, the standard type for a dinghy and a modified type for a PWC. I have the standard type and Fairline designed it specifically for a Zodiac Cadet 285 dinghy which, as the name suggests is 2.85m long. Also the garage is limited in height; the Cadet 285 has an inflatable floor and is a tight fit in the garage so I doubt whether a grp hulled RIB of the same length would fit. My guess is that a grp hulled RIB of about 2.7m length would fit but I dont know of any jet ribs this small.
The modified garage for PWC's lifts part of the bathing platform so it may be a little deeper but its length is the same so once again I cant see a jet boat fitting in this type either. I believe cj has this type on his T48 so maybe he's better qualified to answer"

Reply two.....

"With standard flat floor as on earlyish models, largest dinghy is a Zodiac Cadet 2.3 metres x 1.5 metres, and the garage was specifically designed for this - it's the absolute limit of size in early models. The zodiac can take 15 horsepower (we used mercury with the "1" decal cut off so it looks like a 5 hp for kids, altho dinghy only rated to 10 horsepower.

Later t48's had a different v-shaped floor - which would allow a rib of some descrioption, but dunno what. Least valuable t48's have a PWC instead of a tender in the garage."
Hope this is better than nothing. May also be worth trying Peters (www.petersplc.com) to see if they can help.

Regards, Pete

Andis

Re: jetski in targa 48 garage

Post by Andis » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:39 pm

casalj wrote:trying to determine how to retrofit a targa 48 to fit a jetski or heavier RIB. any ideas. thanks
There's a company called Williams Marine, that make and sell a 2.85 jet rib with a 70hp jet engine. They claim that it fits in a T48 garage.
If you want to contact them:

Williams Marine Limited
1 Mill Lane
Chalgrove
Oxon OX44 7SL
United Kingdom

Telephone: +44(0)1865 890558 Fax: +44(0)1865 890355

E-mail: sales@williamsmarine.com

Regards;
Andis