3 hour old Fairline owner

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

3 hour old Fairline owner

Postby Gludy » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:33 pm

I became a Fairline owner just 3 hours ago - going down to stay on the boat this coming week at Port Solent... though I would register.

Anyone passing by is welcome to pop in for a beer.
Gludy

wot no jets?

Postby admin » Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:15 pm

Glad to see you got a proper boat instead of one of those new fangled jet jobs.!

I used to keep my boat at PS. If you want I can give you some tips on beating the queues out of the lock.

I'll be at Port Solent in April so hopefully I can pay you a visit and see your new toy.

Regards, Pete
admin
Site Admin

Port Solent

Postby admin » Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:36 pm

Kept my boat there for the 2 years that we owned it. Port Solent is good fun, let's face it there's plenty of days when it's too windy/grotty to take the boat out and at PS there's plenty to do. After a while the 10knt journey throught the harbour gets on your nerves but some people enjoy it.

The main problem is the lock. Don't get too worried about handling the boat in and out - the main thing to suss out is how to beat the queues.
1) Aim to come and go during freeflow.
2) If it's going to be a busy day then go through the lock before breakfast, moor up on the outer waiting pontoon then have your breakfast/wash, etc.
3) Listen to the VHF, if a queue for lock out is starting to form then get yourself on the queue, even if you're not quite ready.
4) When returnion to the marina, if there's a massive queue and you're in a rush then moor up on the outer waiting poonton and ask the marina to park it for you later.

If you do cock it up big style in the lock, don't worry you're not the first. A mate of mine managed to get his boat sideways and jammed across the lock. They had to get the marina tug to un jam him. Another friend managed to accidently turn his boat round in the lock meaning that he had to come out backwards!
admin
Site Admin

Gludy new boat

Postby mikef » Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:25 pm

Whatyagot then, Paul
mikef

Boat: Fairline Targa 48

Postby PeteM » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:46 pm

Paul,

How was the first weekend on board then?

Which pontoon are you on?

Regards, Pete
PeteM

Boat: Fairline Targa 30

Return to Fairline Forum