Corniche 31 Winterising

The place for Fairline discussions!
  • Advertisement

Corniche 31 Winterising

Postby bowler » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:21 am

Hi all,

89 Corniche with twin TAMD41As on shafts. Boat will be in the water all winter.

To winterise the mechanic suggests pulling strainer lids with seacocks off and sucking up antifreeze into the raw water system and job done. No draining first? Obviously oil and filters changed as well even though there is only about 20 hrs on the oil. There are 2 tube heaters in the bilge as well so I guess there is an argument for just leaving those on a Tstat on shore power?

What about domestic water system and heads (no black water holding tank)?

What do other owners do? I have winterised an inboard ski boat for the last ten years but this is a different beast altogether.

Thanks in advance.

D.
bowler

Re: Corniche 31 Winterising

Postby rjb021080 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Agree with the mechanic. Sucking up anti freeze in the system stops salt water sat corroding pipe work. I then stick heaters as well on timers rather than thermostats. I also spray all electrical parts and engine with a wd40 spray. Make sure bilge water is also out of bilge. I just let my fresh water system run out if I’m not using the boat. It’s worked the last 3 years for me.

Some other advice.

I take cushions home and store them. I also put some stand alone dehumidifiers around as well as the electric one. They are only cheap from diy stores. Especially around the cabin windows.

I’d also remove anything I don’t want on there. Clear out food cupboards etc as when you reuse the boat most of it will be out of date.
rjb021080

Postby bowler » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:11 am

Thanks Rob,

Good advice. The boat is in fresh water but antifreeze wouldn't hurt. How much does the sea water side if the system hold roughly?

D.
bowler

Postby rjb021080 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:53 am

A couple of litres from memory.
rjb021080

Return to Fairline Forum