Holiday Windscreen

• Advertisement

Holiday Windscreen

Postby jeffsalter215 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Does anybody know of a company that can fit new seals and rebuild the front and side glass screens??
jeffsalter215

Boat: Fairline Holiday

Re: Holiday Windscreen

Postby DJD » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi,
I restored most of my windows/hatch with the exception of the side windows. These seemed to be welded construction and the frames wouldn't seperate to remove the perspex. I resorted to scraping out all the old seal and and repacking with new noeprene seals from Seals Direct which resealed them very effectively.

Front windows I got remade by a local sign manufacturwer from perspex using the old ones as a template. I havent tackled the widscreen (yet).

TRy BK windows at Brundall in Norfolk - they built the original windows for the Holiday and are very helpful.

Good luck - it's a pig of a job!!
John
DJD

Postby jeffsalter215 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Thanks John,

I have replaced all the perspex windows myself and have now moved onto the glass windscreens and side panels which |I have stripped and cleaned, Woodford Yacht Restorations in Poole are going to rebuild them with seals from seals direct at a reasonable price, I'll keep you posted.
Forward hatch is the next job.

Jeff
jeffsalter215

Postby jeffsalter215 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:29 am

For anybody having window problems SEACLEAR in Barming Kent are brilliant. Two companies said they could help with my windscreens and failed to do the job.

Graham at Seaclear did the job in a week.

Brilliant service brilliant people. :D
jeffsalter215

Return to Miscellaneous