Fairline fury 25 project wanted

• Advertisement

Fairline fury 25 project wanted

Postby deej078 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:48 pm

Hello all, I am looking to purchase a fairline fury 25 project. The MK1 I suppose you would call it but it's the 25' version, or 24'9 to be precise. I believe they were built from 1968 to 1974

The only prerequisite is that it is or was the twin engine version but other that we really will consider anything so if you have seen one somewhere or know of one that most would think is beyond repair or a lost cause then please let me know.
As we live in the UK the boat would need to be here too for logistical reasons.

The plan is to restore one of these beautiful boats, fitting and adding a few discreet mod cons including Diesel engines so that it suites our needs entirely but while still keeping it original charm.

If you know of any or have one for sale then please let me know by sending me a private message or via speedboatsteve7@gmail.com

Thanks
deej078

Re: Fairline fury 25 project wanted

Postby deej078 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:33 pm

Thanks to those of you that contacted me. If I had the time money and space I would have taken both the offers, sadly I don't but on the plus side I did manage to get my hands on a fury :D

Now let the work begin... :shock:
deej078

Postby chrisradio4 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:56 pm

Hej Deej078,

Just out of interest how is your restoration progressing?

mvh,

Chrisradio4
New owner of the restored Fury Mk 1 "Snowgoose" (now moored onthe Baltic in Västervik, Sweden)
chrisradio4

Postby deej078 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:42 am

Hello chrisradio4.

Well... The fury we purchased was purely by chance in a boat yard on the coast where we liked to holiday so we decided to use it for weekends away which would also give us more time to clear space at home when we did bring her home to restor.

What we didn't see happening after this was was another mk1 fury coming up for sale that was such a good price we couldn't say no to however there was a catch! This one was in a boat yard which had fees pad until mid summer last year however to get it to a place where we could store it for free we needed to get it ready for an 11 hour river trip and the engines hadn't been run for 9 years....
Needless to say we spent lots of time fixing/prepping this one for the trip, which we did without any major issue, so we still have lots of clearing to do for the original however I have set myself a date at the end of Feb to bring her home for restoration :D

So in short, the restoration has barely started :(

Would love to see photos of your restored mk1 if you wouldn't mind? Always looking for ideas. Did you re-engine her by the way?
We will be putting diesels in and would love to know/see if anyone has done this and what performance is like? We don't want to compromise and lose planing speed so need to get it right.

Ps. Sorry for delay I must have missed the notification and haven't checked in for a while :oops:
deej078

Return to Fairline Boats Wanted