Carrera folding radar arch

Forum for those owners restoring a Fairline.
  • Advertisement

Carrera folding radar arch

Postby TANGO » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:07 pm

I know that a few people have hinged the Carrera RA as I have read about on here before, but I am unable to find the articles again. Can somebody please tell me how to access those threads or how to do it. Thanks. Geoff.
TANGO

Re: Carrera folding radar arch

Postby goldslinger » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:22 pm

found this if it helps

simonsi wrote:Don?t think you?ll find a kit as such as there will be very few Carrera owners who want to do this but if it is similar to my Sprint, you can remove the padded panels on the inside of the arch each side and that reveals 2 big bolts either side the bolt the arch to the superstructure.

Even if bolts removed and a hinge fitted though, the angles at the front of the arch mean it would foul the side windscreens when folded towards the stern but have a look, you may find a way.

The arch was an option on the Sprint (although every one I have seen has it), so removal shouldn?t mean any structural problems, may be the same with the Carrera.
goldslinger

Postby TANGO » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:06 pm

Thanks goldslinger. Geoff.
TANGO

Postby TANGO » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:02 am

I seem to remember on an older thread that somebody had fitted a folding arch (maybe on the Nene orWitham. If there is still a folding arch Carrera about I would very much like to visit to see it. Thanks, Geoof.
TANGO

Return to Project Forum