Fairline Family 20 spares

Forum for those owners restoring a Fairline.
  • Advertisement

Fairline Family 20 spares

Postby Springbokboy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:16 am

Hi

I bought a Fairline Family 20 boat about 4 years ago which needed a few bits doing to it. While repairing a few bits, I decided that a total refurb would be a nice project ot undertake. I am now 4 years into the project and about 70% complete, a project I will never undertake again in hindsight, and as a total newcommer to the boating fraternity, have made a number of mistakes along the way.

One of the mistakes I made was to replace the windows on the sides. This was not such a problem but what i intended to do has not worked and I need to redo it. I would like to put the original windows back in, with slight modification, but like an idiot, I threw the old ones away about 2 years ago.

I wanted to find out if anyone knows where I can get the frames for the side windows of this boat, or if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can do this replacement cheaply, and succesfully. I have tried window rubbers, which have not worked so I made new frames out of wood, epoxy coated and sealed them and installed them. Over winter however the rain has got in and destroyed the frames.

I want to finish the boat and sell it as I have lost interest in it and need ot recover some of the expenses I have incurred so if anyone can help with this, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks
Springbokboy

Return to Project Forum