Fairline 19 owners thread, for questions and answers.

Forum for those owners restoring a Fairline.
  • Advertisement

Fairline 19 owners thread, for questions and answers.

Postby boucaneer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:25 am

Hi I have just bought a Fairline 19 standard model from a fellow boat club member, all working and ready to go with a 20hp mariner two stroke, electric start.

I have been looking around for threads for fairline 19's and it seems a bit sparce so I thought I would create a thread for fairline 19 owners with any questions and for a bit of a chat.

These are old boats, but they are great size for squeezing in mooring spaces upstream on the Thames for a weekend.

So any questions or conversation you would like then please feel free to discuss thanks to this kind website.
boucaneer

Boat: Fife- Fairline 19 standard.

new owner

Postby mobilecarp » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:10 pm

hi, ive recently become the part owner of a 19 delux or it was when new, it is now a shell, but 70 percent of the parts are with the boat. but the trick is trying to find out where they all go. having seen lots of pics of restored 19s we are looking forward to a winter of hard work and a spring of lauching her on southampton water, with luck that is. but if anyone out there can pass on any info that will help with the restoring i would be very grateful.

thanks tom :P[b][/b]
mobilecarp

Boat: fairline 19

Welcome

Postby marlowboy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi Tom and fellow 19 footers! :D
I have also just purchased a Fairline named "Fairline Princess" I seem to be luckier than you as mine has had a refit in oak and does look the buisness! I assume Tom, you are near Southampton, its a bit far as I am in Maidenhead, Berks but you would be more than welcome to come and have a look, the refit was carried out by a guy who owned a Narrowboat building Company and I think he did this one when he was quiet, or fed up with narrow boats! I would post up some pics but I do not know how, its an age thing I guess :oops:
Let us know how it is going and good luck!
marlowboy

Boat: A humble 19 footer!

Re: Fairline 19 owners thread, for questions and answers.

Postby Skeeterau » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:14 am

Hi, I have been following this forum eagerly as I believe I have purchased a Fairline 19, possibly the only one over here in Australia. It's in good condition, always garaged (sounds like a car) an I thought I would share this with my fellow forum members.

If the pictures work, I will take some more. I hope to be able to find out more about this fine boat from other members of this forum.

Does anybody know the difference between the deluxe and standard model?

Kind Regards,
Darryn.

Looks like only half the pic displayed- check here http://stonewolves.com/boat/photo.JPG
Skeeterau

Postby billybob » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:32 am

Hi everyone

A few years on... do you still have your Family 19's?
billybob

Postby back2back » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:22 am

Hello Fairline 19 Owners,

I'm working on a TV documentary celebrating Fairline 19 boats and we're hoping to include some photos or home movies of people enjoying Fairline 19s. Can anyone please help me out with this?

For more info - please email me on rich.felgate@back2back.tv. Many thanks!

Rich
back2back

New Owner Family

Postby bitzer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:30 am

Hi All, new owner of the Family 20 which was the same as the 19 but increased in length in 1971 to create a new version. Any questions please ask. I have 1 question, does anyone have or know the wherabouts of the inlay to change the 2 single berths into a double (bit of v section wood in the cabin which was an optional extra in 1971!)
bitzer

Return to Project Forum